Lee Titus Elliott
Elliott Editorial Online
Your editor of choice since 1992™
3208 Rolesville Road
Telephone: (919) 752-6258
Cell: (919) 332-2629
Fax: (888) 416-6316
Developmental editing, substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading of fiction; literary nonfiction; general nonfiction; literary criticism; master’s theses and PhD dissertations; textbooks on law, criminal justice, political science; textbooks for teachers. Also copyediting of the bimonthly Bookmarks Magazine. Target market includes academic and university presses, trade publishers (e.g., Algonquin Books), and master’s and PhD candidates working on theses and dissertations, respectively. Other info: freelance editor since 2002; fiction writer; college/university instructor of English composition and literature, 1972–2002. In addition, I am familiar with the following:
Selected Major Experience
1992– Self-employed (Elliott Editorial Online, Wendell,
NC; Web Site: http://www.elliotteditorial.com)
Freelance Developmental Editor/Copy Editor/Proofreader
developmentally edited, copyedited, proofread, and fact-checked manuscripts on
a freelance basis for a number of publishers—including Harcourt (San Diego),
United Nations University Press (Tokyo), Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill (NC),
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (Alexandria, VA), and
Carolina Academic Press (Durham, NC). I have also copyedited for Bookmarks Magazine (
1998–2001 Durham Technical Community College,
Adjunct English Instructor
· Taught several sections of developmental English composition in which students frequently use a computer to draft, revise, and edit their compositions.
· Taught several sections of college transfer composition: English 111.
1984–1990 North Carolina State University,
· Taught Freshman Composition.
· Taught Technical Writing.
· Taught Studies in Fiction.
· Taught Creative Writing.
· Taught American Literature Survey.
· Reading knowledge of Latin and Greek
· The Modern Language Association
· Editorial Freelancers Association: http://www.the-efa.org
Community (pro bono) Activities
· Editor of the Triangle Men’s Center newsletter
· Editor of the Mary Renault Society newsletter
1983: MFA in English and Creative Writing, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville
1970: MA in English,
1969: BA in Latin, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Selected Editing References
· Dr. David Schultz, Professor; Hamline University, Graduate School of Public Administration and Management, MS-A1710; 1536 Hewitt Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55104. Telephone: (651) 523-2858. E-mail: email@example.com.
· Dr. David McCuan, Professor; Department of Political Science; Sonoma State University; 1801 E. Cotati Avenue; Rohnert Park, CA 94928. Telephone: (707) 664-3309. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all editing references and publications edited and/or proofread by me, see CV_Editing_Copyediting_Proofreading.htm
For publications edited by me, see my Web site Elliott Editorial Online.